Friday, December 12, 2008

Baby Einstein to the Rescue




Ridiculously high fevers, more tissues than I care to count, and an overall yuck and blah have fallen upon our house once again.  Miserable kids are one of my least favorite things, and when it happens I begin to look for things to make them even a little bit less miserable. 

Recently I received a package filled with Baby Einstein products. And originally I was going to tell you about how much fun these products are in general, because long before the kids got sick they were certainly enjoying watching the Baby Mozart DVD and dancing up a storm to the CD of Lullaby Classics. These products are ones that I enjoy with the kids, so many an hour has been clocked watching Miss Grace choreograph routines for Annabelle and her to perform. They love it, even though Michael is determined to get right in the middle of it all. 

But while searching for something to engage and soothe, I discovered that Baby Einstein is up to the challenge of entertaining my miserable, sick children. The music and images from the books, CDs and DVDs are entertaining, for Michael at 16 months and even for Bellie and Grace and 3 and 5. Even when nothing seemed to make them feel better, some how the soothing sounds of Lullaby Classics and Baby Mozart made things a little better, if even for a little while. 

When the kids are well, the CD provides the backdrop for some pretty fantastic dance routines in the living room.  But while under the weather, Lullaby Classics has helped calm them, and I have been playing it upstair when they go to bed. 

There is a huge assortment of Baby Einstein products available these day, ten years after it all began. I have never been disappointed with anything I have given the kids and now that I know how helpful Baby Einstein when the kids are under the weather, I am even more excited about their products. 
 

No comments: