Sunday, September 27, 2009

Grace Gets Crafty

Grace got a sewing machine from Santa last Christmas. She was finally ready for her first project - a quilt - last weekend. First, Gramma showed her the basics.
Then I stepped in to help her sew together the quilt top (made from 4 bandanas), make the quilt sandwich, and sew it all together.
Grace did so well. She seems to be a natural, which is exciting because should I ever take up making purses again I will be sure to employ her in my sweat shop.
The finished project - the front.
And the back. She is pretty proud of it (and so am I) and even took it to school for show and tell this past Friday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I can't believe she made that!!

AER said...

She was so great. And it was just involved enough to hold her attention but not feel too complicated.

Simply Lovely Gifts said...

How great is that?!?! Wish I knew how to sew (and I love that she already has her own sewing machine)