Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Grace at Bedtime

Grace came to my bedroom door at about 9:25pm, whimpering a bit. She had gotten into trouble and as a result was in her bed sans Papa and blankie. 

GRACE: Mama, I need to talk to you.

MAMA: (An hour and a half after bedtime, I was a little tired of her coming to the door at this point) Go ahead.

GRACE: I just don't know how you expect me to fall asleep. The only things in my bed are sheets and pillows and me. You can't sleep with just that stuff. You need fun things, like blankies and snuggly teddy bears named Papa, and other fun toys. So could you go get that stuff for me, because I just don't think I can fall asleep without it. 

MAMA: Maybe

GRACE: Ok. And there is one more thing that would really help me fall asleep.

MAMA: And that would be?

GRACE: Chocolate pudding. Could you bring me some chocolate pudding, too? Thanks Mama. 

No comments: