Sunday, April 13, 2008

Strike Two

At 11:30 this morning, I was taking George outside. As I step onto the grass, what should I come upon? (If you know anything about me, this is an easy question.) Thats right, a snake. Sitting right there, head up in the air as if taunting me, daring me to step into my own yard. This is when I have a heart attack. I run inside, screaming and feeling my chest pound so hard I swear it might explode.
I sent the snake exterminating team (Eric and George) out to handle the situation. As of now, said named snake it still on the loose, as I am told it is quite fast. Last known hideout was under our deck.
So this, my dear readers, is strike two. First a copperhead, and now this black snake that if measured might well have required more than a yard stick. Three strikes and we move.

No comments: