Sunday, November 09, 2008

Barbie and the Diamond Castle

Before I saw my first Barbie movie, I would never have thought that her movies would be so incredibly popular with the girls. I can't remember which one it was that we had first, but now we own (and frequently watch) all of them. 

When we received Barbie and the Diamond Castle, Grace and Annabelle were so excited. They snuggled up on the couch and watched the entire thing without moving. It was fabulous. The second time (which may have been immediately following the first) they switched between sitting and watching intently and signing and dancing. 

The movie tells the story of two friends, Liana and Alexa, who try and help save the muses of music from the evil Lydia. With the help of Melody and a few other friends, the girls struggle and sing their way through this adventure. 

I think the music is my favorite part of this one. The story line is nice, but the music is really great. Unlike so many children's movies that make you want to shove something sharp and pointy in your ears, the songs in this movie make you want to sing along. 

After the movie, a cover of the song Connected is sung by Katharine McPhee (former American Idol contestant). It is safe to say we have played that video so many times I am expecting it to wear out the DVD. 

I don't mind when the girls want to watch this one over and over. In fact, when they can't decide on a movie for Friday night pizza and a movie, I often suggest this one since I know I will be entertained as well. 



1 comment:

Kara H. said...

Great post! I am glad that the girls like the movie and you do as well! It is rare that the two meet :)