Friday, October 16, 2009

The Bangs Are Back

After a brief yet frustrating period of Grace growing her bangs out, she finally asked me to cut them. I could not have been more happy to do so, as it was getting quite tiring following her around with a clip or a headband to keep her growing bangs out of here eyes.
I was trimming Annabelle's the other night and she came in the bathroom declaring that she would like hers cut as well. I asked her repeatedly if she was sure, making clear there was no putting them back on once they were cut. She said she was sure. When we were done, she said, "you were right, Mama. This does look better."

Sweet victory.

No matter how small a victory, I will take it. I know this is just the first of many battles her and I will fight over the years. And I am pretty sure one of the few I will win.
And she seems quite pleased with herself.

No comments: