Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Field Trip

Grace's class went on a field trip this past week to the Fire Station. For their last field trip, they went to a puppet show and I was unable to go. I told Grace I would try my best to go on the next one with her. Fire Station - here I come.
We were thinking that this would be fun for Michael as well. The Boy LOVES trucks. Loves them. And most of the time we would be outside anyways, so I decided to bring the little ones along (really, there was no option here. No sitter, therefore they come along, too).
As you can see in the picture, Michael was having a hard time from the moment we arrived. He wanted to run around. He wanted to scream. He wanted to do just about anything EXCEPT look at the fire truck.

Go figure.

So I was walking around with him, trying to get him interested in doing anything but screaming when Grace's teacher came over and told me she would be happy to drive Grace back to school since Michael didn't seem to want cooperate. (Hint Hint - please get the loud kid out of here as he is disturbing the rest of the kids).

So I took the little ones to the car, turned on a movie for them, and both Michael and Faith proceeded to cry for what appeared to me to be no reason whatsoever for the next 30 minutes.

I waited for the trip to be over and then I found Grace so I could at least drive her back to school. She was very upset. She was upset I didn't spend any time with her on HER field trip, but mostly she was upset because her brother continues to ruin her life entirely.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh poor little Grace.