Thursday, May 01, 2008

Like Father, Like Daughters

So, the girls and I were in the backyard. I was on the deck (away from "nature") and they were playing at their table, pretending to make dinner. They started to venture closer and closer to the woods. The last thing I needed was to have to one of them actually go into the woods, and then I may have had to go in and retrieve them.

So, as Grace was nearing the very spot where I saw the copperhead, I blurted out, and I know I probably shouldn't have, "Hey, you know there are snakes in there right?!" Annabelle laughed and said, "Yeah, and lions and tigers and bears." They both laughed so hard. Grace said, "You are so silly, Mama." I am not certain, but I think they may have been making fun of me.

On the bright side, apparently my completely ridiculous fear of snakes has not transfered to my kids. However, it looks their father's uncontrollable urge to poke fun at others has...

No comments: